Thursday 1 October 2015

John - Friday 1st October 1915

Dear Jess,

I received Mother's parcel safely tonight and was glad to find the candles.  It is quite dark now at 6.30 and we are burning quite a lot. 

The weather seems to be changing now and is heaps more wintry.  It was lovely today but awfully cold this morning and tonight.  I am writing this in the Mess we have rigged up a stove and it answers the purpose A1. 

I am writing to Joe tonight seeing he has come out.  I am anxious to find out which part of the country he is in.  I should think he is at the Boulogne Rest Camp; that is where he would come from Folkestone. 

I think we are staying here for another month or two so you need not worry about me; I shall be all right.  I shall keep a good look out to see if I can come across Joe.  I've not heard from Billie since I came back.  I sent him a letter by one of the chaps who went up the line. 

I must close now hoping all are well. 

Love to all John. 

No comments:

Post a Comment