Thursday 29 October 2015

Billie - Friday 29th October 1915

Dear Janey,

Very many thanks for papers and letters received during the last few days.

We are still out of the front line and up to the present we are having plenty of digging &c.  The weather is bad, nothing but rain, and it has been so cold and wild too. 

I hope Aunt Joan is much better.  Thompson seems to be having a very busy time of it.  I am pleased to hear all are well and that Joe is better again. 

We go in the trenches again on Monday, so you guess we are all hoping the weather takes up before then.  We have just got a jolly coke fire burning in our dug out and we are all round it trying to get warm. 

Enclosed you will find a PC which I hope will arrive all serene.  I have ordered some more views, which I will send soon.  Father is still kept busy.  Well I think I've given you all the news. 

Hoping all are well as I am in the pink. 

Your loving brother Billie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment