Sunday 18 October 2015

Joe - Monday 18th October

"Pals"

Dear Sarah,

I received belt and parcel all safe.  It did not matter about not about not being able to get a money belt; this one is grand.  I have written to Billie twice and have had a letter from him; he seems to be having a rough time of it.  I hope he gets a rest soon. 

19th October I have received the parcel and had letters again from John and Billie.  We came out of the trenches last night and we are at headquarters, but of course very near the firing line.  The tinned pears went down grand and everything was in good condition.  We have had 3 or 4 chaps wounded today, but none I think are seriously wounded. 

I received the home letters I am writing this in a pretty dark barn and I have just discovered I'm writing all over the shop. 

I want you to line me that woollen helmet I have at home, not the knitted one, but the one that shapes like a cap.  I want it lined with something when it is shaped like a cap then it will not be irritating when I put it on.  Just line the inside when it is shaped like a cap.  I'm telling you this twice so that you won't forget. 

Well I must close as we are going to have tea.  Hope all are well at home. 

Your loving brother Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment