Wednesday 30 September 2015

John - Thursday 30th September 1915

Dear Jess,

Seeing it has rained heavily the last two days we are having a day in camp to clean up. 

I have had my papers sent back from Workington to be signed by our commandant.  I was unable to see him for a time but I saw him today and he signed them so they are going off tonight for the last time. 

I expect the good news of the last few days has cheered you up no end.  I expect Billie will have seen some sights.  I might have been going back up the line yesterday, 40 were sent but I had to stay here. 

Has Joe come out yet?  I'm enclosing a few field cards which will be useful to him when he has not time to write a letter.  He will not be able to get any for a few weeks. 

I hope Mother and Father and all at home are well.  I received Janey's letter the other day, also all the newspapers.  I must close now for the present. 

Love to all John. 

No comments:

Post a Comment