Wednesday 28 October 2015

John - Thursday 28th October 1915

Kemmel near Messines

Dear Jess,

I received the parcel safely last night with one from Billie so we are well off now.  We enjoyed the apple cake very much last night after dinner.  Billie will give you all particulars with regard to our move.  We are in a nice warm barn; it was lovely last night - we all slept like tops.  Things were very quiet; the only thing that disturbed our sleep was the rats squeaking. 

I was awfully sorry to hear that Aunt Joan was so ill and hope she will soon be better.  I shall write to her as soon as I get an opportunity.  I am feeling rather cold so I shall finish this later . 

I have just had dinner and I feel rather warmer than before.  It is a rotten day, quite the worst for the last few weeks.  We miss our little stove now.  It rained nearly all the way here yesterday but I did not get very wet, my cape kept it off my beautifully.  Well I must close now, hoping all are well and that Aunt Joan is well on the way to recovery. 

Love to all John. 

No comments:

Post a Comment