Monday 10 August 2015

John - Tuesday 10th August 1915

Dear Mother,

I hope you are keeping better.  I'm pleased to hear you are recovering.

I had a letter from Billie the other day - they are getting settled down in the trenches again.  We are still in the wood and the work is jolly hard.  A number of us have applied for leave and we have great hopes of getting it.  Of course we are not certain of it. 

Thanks very much for the socks - they are heaps better than the army issue.  We have found a place where we can get our washing done so we shall be able to keep something like clean. 

I am eagerly looking forward to getting home, it will only be four days if at all but it will be a rest.  I have Sarah's letters and papers safely.  I must close for the present.  I hope you will soon be quite well again. 

Love to all John. 

No comments:

Post a Comment