Friday 29 January 2016

Joe - Saturday 29th January 1916

Dear Sarah,

I received your letter and pleased to hear you are all well.  We have been moved back to the rest camp well behind the firing line.  We set off on Wednesday, marched about 6 miles and stopped in a barn for the night and then the next day we marched about 8 or 9 miles and now we are living in a barn and we are all right - plenty of football &c.  You might send me John's address again as I've lost it.  I think we will be stationed here a month or so.  I expect some men will be sent on leave while we are here. 

I can't understand Billie; he sent me a field card a while ago, saying he had received my letter and would be writing soon.  I forget who wrote last, I think I will write to him in a day or two.  I was pleased to hear Mrs Huggins received my P.C.  I will have to send Annie Parker one.  I received a pile of comics from Jack.  I will have to send Fergie and he a P.C.  I have not received my weekly parcel yet.  I kept this back to see if it came but no luck as yet. 

Hoping all at home are well. 

Love to all Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment