Sunday 10 January 2016

Billie - Monday 10th January 1916

Dear Jess,

Just a line to let you know I have decided not to have my nose cut at present at any rate and I am going back to join the boys up the line.  I have decided to wait until I have had my leave, as if I only got down to the Base for the operation I would have to wait a long time for my leave, so thought I'd better wait.  I've had quite a decent time down here and had a good rest and I feel in the pink.  I can manage to breathe up both nostrils so no doubt the rest has done me good - do not worry.  I've had a good time here quite different from the trenches.  Well I must close, hoping all are well as it leaves me in the pink.  You can send my letters and parcels as usual. 

Your loving brother Billie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment