Thursday 14 January 2016

Joe - Friday 14th January 1916

Dear Mother,

I received two parcels when I got from the Rest Camp, one from you and one from Janey, Sarah and Jess.  We are out of the trenches again, and we were supposed to go to Divisional Rest Camp this week but we have to go once more in the trenches.  I expect it is right this time.  I will write to Billie, I almost forgot whether I answered his letter or not.  John will be having quite a picnic of it at Barrow.  I had a cake from Mrs Anderson of Parton, very kind of them wasn't it?  I would like to have John's address so please enclose it in your next letter.  Thank Aunt Sallie and Gus for the cake and chocolate.  I've never had time to thank Uncle Tom for those socks yet.  I am going to send Mrs Huggins a card to thank her for the cake.  I have no more news.  Hoping all at home are well. 

I remain, your loving son Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment