Saturday 9 January 2016

Billie - Sunday 9th January 1916

C.C.S.

Dear Jess,

Just a line to let you know I am going on well, and having a jolly decent time here.  I should have gone down to the Base on Friday but there was no room on the train, so I expect to go on Tuesday.  On arriving there I suppose it will just be a matter of luck whether I get across the water or not and from what I hear, I stand a good chance of getting to England.  I am having a jolly decent time of it here and the grub is extra - quite different from what we get up the line.  The nurse brought us all a large box of chocolates each yesterday, and we get a lot of luxuries that I've never seen before in the army. 

I think this is all the news up to the present hoping all are well as it leaves me in the pink excepting for my nose.  Kindly thank Aunt Eliza for her 5/- order, it came in handy.  Cheer oh. 

Your loving brother Billie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment