Tuesday 5 January 2016

Bilie - Wednesday 5th January 1916

Dear Sarah,

Just a line to let you know I received the parcel that was sent on 28th and the one sent on New Year's Eve too, both in good condition.  The meat was quite a treat and we all enjoyed it.  You might thank Mrs Huggins for the lovely cake; it is really awfully good of her; especially as she has had so much trouble of her own. 

I am going for a little rest today into hospital.  It is nothing serious but I thought I'd have it done and get a rest at the same time.  My right nostril has been stopped up for, some time and the Doctor says I have a deflected septum or something of the sort and I can have it taken out quite easily.  It troubles me when we are having respirator drill, so I think it best to have it done. 

Do not send any parcels until I let you know.  I should think I will only be in for a few days, but it will be a rest if nothing else.  Well I think this is all.  I will let you have my address as soon as possible. 

Hoping all are well as it leaves me in the pink. 

Your loving brother Billie. 

P.S. Now you need not worry at all, as I will be safer in dock than in the trenches and you have the satisfaction of knowing it isn't serious.  Cheer Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment