Saturday 23 January 2016

Billie - Sunday 23rd January 1916

Dear Jess,

Just a line to let you know I am going on all right.  We are back up the line again for another 24 days.  The line is very active at present.  You would be pleased to hear I got all my parcels.  Please thank John for his parcel - the cigars and fags were great; also thank Thompson and Father for their cigars and fags - they were fine and quite a change. 

I was quite surprised to hear you expected the youngster home on leave from Ploegsteert.  I suppose his luck was in when it came to the draw.  I only wish they had given our leaves fairly and then I might have stood a chance.  However I expect to be home about the end of March, or sometime in April.  I only hope I am home for the great event.  Do not send any more stoves as we sometimes have fires, sometimes we get wood and others coke issued.  Sorry to hear Janey is not up to the mark, hope by this reaches you that you are all well as I am in the pink. 

Your loving brother Billie. 

Please send me some more notepaper and envelopes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment