Thursday 14 January 2016

Billie - Friday 14th January 1916

Dear Sarah,

Just a line to let you know I am back up the line again and feeling in the pink.  I thought I would wait until after my leave before I had the operation in case I didn't get further than the Base.  Very many thanks for the two parcels from home for my birthday, also the one from Liverpool from Janey, Jess and you.  Also thank John K. for his parcel of cigars, cigarettes and sweets, which I also received.  I had a rare post when I returned and I returned and I can tell you we had a few busts tip.  It was quite a treat opening them all.  Please thank all for the various articles received. 

The weather today is quite a treat, just like a spring day, and it, feels a treat to be alive.  We are just going out for a game of footer.  I should think we will be relieved before very long, as we have heaps of troops out now.  They have built a concert room here, and they intend holding concerts while we are out.  We had the Divisional Band here yesterday and it was quite a treat for us. 

Well I think this is all the news at present.  Hoping all at home are well, as it leaves me in the pink.  With love to all. 

Your loving brother Billie. 

P.S. Everyone remarked how well I looked when I returned from hospital.  Thank John for his letter I will write to him tomorrow.  Glad to hear Joe is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment