Monday 4 April 2016

Joe - Tuesday 4th April 1916

Dear Mother,

I received parcel and letter on Sunday, a day earlier than I have been receiving it these last few weeks.  The handkerchiefs arrived and also a letter from Janey yesterday.  I hope Janey keeps better. 

If you have weather like we are having these last few days you will be able to knock about a bit.  We have had it very hot although it does not look too bright today.  You can please send me some more of that toffee as we can't get any decent out here.  The place Janey mentioned at first is the place where we are (St Pol).  You might let me know where Billie is, as Janey forgot to put it in her letter.  I got a surprise when I heard Alpin had been called up; I thought he would have been over military age.  I received the Sunday Pictorial and John Bull from Jennie, it's jolly good of her to send papers every week and I will write to her soon.  Well I must close.  Hope this finds all at home well. 

With best love to all Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment