Tuesday 12 April 2016

Billie - Wednesday 12th April 1916

Dear Janey,

Very many thanks for letters also thank Mother for the lovely parcel received on the 10th in grand condition.  We are in the trenches again and up to the present are having it jolly rough.  The weather is absolutely rotten, rain all day, it is getting sickening. 

I was awfully sorry to hear you had been ill, and hope by the time this reaches you that you are feeling better.  I was pleased to hear all are well at home also the aunts and cousins, kindly thank Tom for his letter.  Well I suppose you will be very busy preparing for the great events, and shan't I miss them!  I do not think there is any chance of getting off at all.  If everything goes off all right I might be home in 5 weeks, but of course they keep stopping them now and then just to put them further back. 

You might send me a few shillings out, but do not send postal orders as we have a great deal of trouble to get them cashed, and then we do not get the full value for them.  I am going to return the P.O. from the Gift Committee and you can get it cashed, and please sent the money in hard cash as we get good value for that.  I had a letter from Joe and he is still out of the trenches. 

Well I think this is all now, so must close, hoping all are well as it leaves me in the pink. 

Your loving brother Billie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment