Friday 29 April 2016

Billie - Saturday 29th April 1916

Dear Janey,

Just a line to let you know I am going on all right, also thanks for the parcels received from home these last few days, also thank Jess for her ripping parcel I received last night.  Well I suppose by now all will be over and you will be settling down.  You will no doubt be pleased to hear that leaves are starting again so with a bit of luck I should not be so long.  However do not expect me for some time yet as you know how they keep stopping them. 

You will no doubt be sorry to hear Bunny's younger brother has been wounded, so his people are having some very bad luck.  I was awfully sorry to hear about Bunny's girl being ill.  It must be awful for her especially seeing she is in diggings. 

What sort of weather did you have for the weddings?  It has been like Summer here - almost too hot for anything. 

Well I think this is all the news at present so must close.  Hoping all are well as it leaves me in the pink. 

Your loving brother Billie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment