Tuesday 22 December 2015

Joe - Wednesday, 22nd December 1915

Dear Janey,

I received all the parcels on Sunday, everything came at once all three parcels and I had a good bust up, everything was lovely.  I got quite a surprise when I heard John was in England.  I thought there was something on as he had not answered my letter. 

We get relieved tomorrow so we should be nicely out for Christmas.  Our leaves start today.  Ralph Burney goes today and we are only sending 11 a week, but I think we go for a rest about the middle of January so we will send more then.  I had a letter from Billie he is all right - no doubt he'll go for a rest soon, because a good number of new troops will be coming over, in fact a good number have come already. 

How long is Father getting for Christmas 3 days?  Jim Anderson told me his Mother is sending me a cake - very good of her isn't it?  He says they are working at top speed at Lowca.  I received the socks from Uncle Tom - the skin ones.  I shall wear them when in the trenches.  I received the Christmas number of John Bull.  Well I've no more news.  Hoping all are well.  I wish you all a Merry Christmas and expect we have a bright New Year I got the 3d piece out of my Christmas cake. 

With love to all at home Joe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment