Monday 28 December 2015

Joe - Tuesday, 28th December 1915

Dear Sarah,

I received your letter and Christmas card.  I'd also one from all at home and from Tom, Jack, Jennie, May and Fergie.  We are in the trenches again for 6 days.  I was sorry to hear about Jack Huggins they will be very much upset.  I think we are only in the trenches once more and then go for our rest, that is the rumour and I don't think it is far wrong.  John will be having a grand time now; he can settle himself for a few weeks or months in England so that is one consolation.  You will be very busy now especially at Christmas.  I had a nice card from Ghyll Bank, and one from Billie and John.  I've not received my other parcels but the mail was stopped for a few days and the Christmas mail had to come in batches.  We all got our half plum pudding on Christmas Day and it was all right and we also had a small part each of the Daily Chronicle parcel.  I had some cigarettes from Carlisle.  Must close. 

With love Joe. 

I hope this finds all well and let us all hope for a better New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment