Tuesday 10 November 2015

John - Wednesday 10th November 1915

Dear Jess,

Thank you all very much for your parcel which came today, so you see it has taken a week to get here.  The contents are very acceptable and we have had a ripping lunch.  One of our chaps had a chicken and so the chutney came in useful and we all enjoyed it.  It is not quite the same as the real Indian you had when I was down on leave but it is a good substitute. 

I had a letter from Janey and I'm sorry to hear Mother is not well again.  I do hope she will soon be well.  I had a letter from Joe a few days ago, he is only about five miles from here but I'm afraid I can't get down to see him.  He shares the opinion of all the Canadians, and that is that the war can't last much longer.  I have not got an opinion now, I lost interest in the war long ago. 

I must close.  I hope Mother will soon be better. 

Love to all at home John. 

No comments:

Post a Comment