Monday 2 November 2015

Billie - Undated

Dear Mother,

Just a line to let you know I am still all right.  Enclosed you will find three rings which I have made out of nose caps of German shells.  Sorry I could not finish them off better, but I want to send them with Togo.  He has been granted a leave from the bombing school so thought it would be a good chance to get them home through him, as they don't allow any metal to be sent from here by post.  I did not know what size to make them, so seeing I had not much metal I had to make them small so that I could get 3 out of it.  The large one is what a French man gave me when we relieved them but it was a rotten shape so I altered it.  I've got another but it is in the rough yet so will send it later.  If these two are too small you might let me know and when next the Germans shell us, I will try to get a nose cap. 

I am in a hurry to get this off with Togo.  Hoping all at home are well. 

Your loving son Billie

No comments:

Post a Comment