Sunday 8 November 2015

Joe - Monday 8th November 1915

Dear Mother,

I received the parcel in good condition and everything was champion especially the chicken.  You can thank Aunt Sally for the milk tablets.  You need not send me candles every week now as we get them issued and I do not use a great many.  The pocket stove was just the thing I wanted; a chap in our lot wants one, so please send me another for him. 

I wrote to John and Billie the other day.  Syd is getting on fine, but I haven't seen Miller.  He is a mile or two behind our billets.  The mittens came in handy as I lost one of my gloves, but I got it back today as someone had picked it up. 

We had one of our chaps killed yesterday.  We just came in the trenches yesterday; we were at headquarters for three days. 

Well I want to get this off today so must close. 

Your loving son Joe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment