Saturday 14 November 2015

John - Sunday 14th November 1915

Dear Sarah,

Thank you very much indeed for your share in my parcel, also for your letters.  I was pleased to hear all are well and that the aunts liked the lace.  My parcels are most acceptable now as I can assure you we do not live half as well as we did before - no more chicken and champagne - worse luck!  I wish we could only pay a visit to our little farm near the wood!  The best we can get here is chips and eggs and I think the Belgians believe we eat nothing else in England. 

I've just written to Joe to try to fix up a day with him.  I can get a pass all right, I think, so it only rests with him.  I can't go right over to where he is, so I'm suggesting meeting him about half way.  I hope he can get off, because I think I could give him a good time because I know the place very well, having been here for a few weeks when we first came out here. 

Billie owes me a letter.  I'm going out with another Sergeant this afternoon for a walk into the nearest town.  It is not much of a place but I think we shall manage to get something there. 

I hope Mother is keeping better.  I was sorry to hear she had another attack.  I hope all are well and that I shall soon be able to see you all again. 

Love to all John. 

No comments:

Post a Comment