Saturday 28 November 2015

Joe - Sunday 28th November 1915

Dear Janey,

I think it is your turn.  Well I received the parcel all right and yes I would like a pair of boot soles. 

We have just come in the trenches for another six days.  We are lucky to have it dry.  We have had very hard frost, so the ground is drying up fine. 

I sent Miss Rooke a P.C. so hope she received it.  I expect I can manage to see John when he is only 5 miles away, it shouldn't be hard to arrange a meeting.  I will not forget to write to Alf Kerr when the cigs, came for the PALS, it is very good of him.  Wm Denver died the day after he was wounded. 

I'd a letter from Billie a few days ago and I have replied and I will write to Sarah while in the trenches.  It is a bit off only being able to send 7lbs at Xmas, it's just the time when chaps want a bust up.  Of course the number of parcels is not restricted.  I'm not in need of socks, shirts or anything.  I will let you know as soon as I want anything. 

It's quite true about W. Burney getting wounded, and no doubt he will be in England by now.  Well I must close.  Hope all at home are well. 

Your loving brother Joe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment