Saturday 5 September 2015

Billie - Sunday 5th September 1915

Dear Jess,

Just a line to let you know I am all right. 

We are still out of the trenches and having to work jolly hard.  I think the heads are just seeing how much we can stand.  I don't know when we are going into the trenches again, but I can tell you we will be jolly glad when we do go in. 

The weather now is very changeable, sometimes scorching hot and other times just like Winter.  We are out in the woods today and we are pleased to be here as we can get a bit of rest here.  I have managed to get a cavalry cape like John's; I gave 7 francs for it, but it is not a new one.  Still it will keep some of the wet off, so you can tell John when you write.  Thank Janey for her letter received yesterday.  Thank Janey for her letter received yesterday, it had been delayed. 

With Mother "Many Happy Returns".  I missed the date or would have sent her a card.  I hope she is keeping much better, and hope your cold is better too. 

Well I think this is all the news so must close, hoping all are well. 

Your loving brother Billie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment