Friday 24 July 2015

John - Saturday 24th July 1915

38 2353 C Company
8th Warwicks,
Attached 1st Battn
BEF

Dear Jess,

I received the parcel all right yesterday.  We have not left the Base yet, but we expect to move either tomorrow or Monday.  You did not get my address quite right.  The above address must be copied exactly and I will receive my letters &c all right. 

I have not received my promotion yet but I shall have 3 stripes before we move off.  I shall write to Birmingham as soon as it comes out in orders. 

I had a PC from Billie today, they seem to do a lot of marching.  I hear they are going to be used like us.  You might send me some more quinine capsules, like the ones you sent before as they are jolly useful.  Thanks for the photos they are splendid especially the group. 

I hope you have decent weather for your holiday.  I must close now as I'm busy getting ready to move.  Hoping Mother is improving. 

Love to all John

No comments:

Post a Comment