Sunday 29 May 2016

Billie - Monday 29th May 1916

Dear Janey,

Very many thanks for lovely parcel received in splendid condition, also thank Mother for her parcel and money we quite enjoyed it.  This parcel is a treat and I can bet we enjoy it. 

You will be thinking I have been a bit slack with letters just lately but the fact of the matter is we have been on four days practising attacks and bivouacking out at night and long marches all day.  We came back here yesterday so hope to have a few more decent days. 

You will no doubt be pleased to know we won the football cup, and it really is a beauty.  We had it presented to us last night and after the presentation the camp officers provided the team at H.O. with a real dinner and I can tell you we had a great time and the champagne was flying about like water.  I never enjoyed myself better and I only wish there were more cups to be played for, if we'd get a time like last night. 

I was very pleased to know from Jess's letter that Mother is in Liverpool and having such a good time.  The change will do her good.  I will write to Jess and she tomorrow. 

I was pleased to hear all are well at home.  Well I think I've no more news so must close, hoping all are well as this leaves me in the pink. 

Your loving brother Billie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment