Friday 27 May 2016

Joe - Saturday May 27th 1916

Dear May,

I was pleased to receive your letter & thanks very much for the cake your Mother sent.  We are in the trenches, but we are expecting to move back shortly for another rest.  You will have a change now working up at the farm, it will keep you busy.  We have been having some rain these last few days, but it seems as if we are going to have it fine today.  I am enclosing a pansy it was grown in the ruined village near our reserve trenches.  It will not be long now to Haytime a month or two at anyrate.  How is your Grandma Watson keeping, I expect she is better again.  I heard the other day Alex Johnston was killed, he was in the R.E.s sapping a god number of Whitehaven chaps have been killed lately.  The photo's that Jennie sent were very good Fergie had got a smile on.  Well I've no more news at present so must close, hoping this finds all at home well, with love to all

I Remain,

Your loving cousin

Joe

P.S. thanks very much for the [?] Fergie sent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment