Monday 23 May 2016

Joe - Tuesday 23rd May 1916

Dear Sarah,

I have only found time to answer your letters now.  I expect you like your new work.  If you are having weather like we are at present it will be all right travelling.  I hear Mother has gone to iverpool to Jess, for a holiday; it will do her good.  I was pleased to hear Billie has got out for rest at last.  I think we are going back for another rest and some training.  I had a letter from Jennie and some photos also a letter from May I will have to write to them as soon as I have a little spare time.  Thompson won't have very long at home now unless he gets his appeal granted.  I think he should. 

I met Gilbert Pearson he is in trenches on our right.  He looks well and is a proper Jock, Gilbert has been out here about the same time as out Billie, but he has had one leave, and is looking forward to another. 

You will likely be keeping your business on still, Millie will be in command.  I got the 10/- all right, and thanks very much for same.  I am not in need of any money or anything just now.  I have had a few letters from Jessie, she seems to be settled down in her new home.  A good number of Whitehaven chaps have been wounded and some killed.  Well I've no more news, hoping this finds you all well at home. 

I remains, your loving brother Joe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment