Sunday 1 May 2016

Billie - Monday 1st May 1916

Dear Janey,

Very many thanks for Jess' parcel received last night which all enjoyed so much.  I have not cut the cake yet so I will let you know if I get anthing out of it.  I was very pleased to hear everything went off all right, I suppose you were not sorry when it was all over eh? 

The weather now is lovely just like proper Summer and you can guess we are making the most of it.  I am out resting for another day and it is quite a treat to get one's equipment and coat off and get cool.  After this spell we are out for 24 days so we will get a rest if nothing else, and it will be a treat if this weather continues. 

Did you see the photo of Bunny in the Daily Sketch last week.  Well you will no doubt know that all leaves are starting again, so I should not be so very long now, at least I hope not.  I was very pleased to hear all are well at home. 

What do you think of the doings in Ireland?  They are getting to a nice pitch are they not?  Have you heard from Joe lately?  If so, is he in the line again?  Yes, you might send me some more money please seeing we will be out for 24 days.  I had another jolly decent parcel from the Director two days ago; jolly good of him is it not?  Suppose Sarah will be very busy now.  Does Thompson know when he will be called up, not for some time yet I hope? 

Well I think this is all the news at present so must close, hoping all at home are tip top as this leaves me in the pink. 

Cheer, oh.  Your loving brother Billie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment