Friday 3 June 2016

Joe - Saturday 3rd June 1916

Dear Janey,

I received letter and parcel all right and thanks for same.  I should have written earlier but I sent you a field card. 

Well we have moved back again for another rest, we are very lucky, although I must admit the place where we were was a bit rough.  We re having splendid weather and the village we are in is not a bad place.  You might just add "A" Company on my letters as we are back with our Companies.  Thompson will likely soon be called up.  Well, I think we wont have much longer to wait for peace. 

Syd Park will be home on leave now, I gave him my watch, it wants the pointers doing up with that illumination stuff.  I see there has been a big naval battle, it has been expected a long while now.  You might send me one of those small writing pads please that is if you have not sent one in the parcel.  John will not have much longer in England, he has had a nice stay.  I had a letter from Billie he is going on all right.  Well I must close.  With best love to all, hoping this finds all well at Home. 

I remain, your loving brother Joe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment