Thursday 30 June 2016

Joe - Friday 30th June 1916

Dear Mother,

I received your card also a parcel from Janey, one from Sarah and one with a pineapple from Jess and two apples, but I've not received the one you sent from Coopers with the tin of butter in.  We are still out of the trenches and I think a good distance from Billie.  I got a number of cards from home and from Jess and John and Billie and John for my birthday.  I expect you had a good time at Liverpool it would be a nice change for you.  You needn't send any more paper and envelopes at present.  If you are still able to send parcels (if not stopped) you might send another tin of health salts, as they make a good drink, but you need not send tins of butter we get them pretty regular.  Well I've no more news so must close. 

Hoping this finds all at Home well. 

Your loving son Joe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment