Friday 24 June 2016

Joe - Saturday 24th June 1916

Dear Janey,

I received your letter and I'm pleased to hear all are well at Home.  I got a parcel from Liverpool, Jess sent it for Sarah.  I've sent Jess a field card today telling her.  Jess sent me some tobacco, but I broke my pipe so I just smoke cigarettes now.  We have been having warmer weather lately a bit more like Summer.  I expect Thompson and you had a nice time at Eskdale, it will be all right there at this time of the year.  I expect you got my other letters.  You will see we've been kept busy.  John is having to work hard now, he will find a change.  What part of the line is Billie at?  I think you said he was back in the trenches.  John was telling me that Jack Shardlow is in hospital with enteric fever; he has been unlucky in some ways.  Sarah has had some travelling about Scotland, it will be all right in fine weather.  I've plenty of notepaper and envelopes so don't send any for a bit or it will get wasted - keeping it.  Well I have no more news at present so must close.  Hoping this finds you all well at Home. 

With love to all Joe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment