Monday 7 March 2016

Joe - Tuesday 7th March 1916

Dear Jess,

I received parcel and letter and thanks for same. 

We are still back at the rest camp but we might move at any time.  I got a surprise when I knew John was going to be married also.  I wish I could just drop lucky and manage to get on leave and Billie also.  I had a letter from F. Wilkinson, he is near Alexandria and having a fairly decent time; he thinks he will be going to Salonika.  He was resting at Mudron for a month.  Well our leave is still stopped, but it might start anytime again, let's hope so.  I have had no word from Billie; he will not have time for letter writing. 

You will feel a bit strange leaving school.  National will be short of teachers.  I think a few of these single chaps should be called before the married men.  There are too many of these appeals being listened to, a few of the chaps want packing right out here.  I sent Sarah a letter I hope she got it.  Well I have no more news so must close.  Hope this finds all at home well. 

With love to all Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment