Monday 28 March 2016

Joe - Tuesday 28th March 1916

Dear Mother,

I received the parcel and many thanks for same, also the 1/6 from Aunt Eliza. We are still resting and probably will be out of the trenches for a fortnight or so.  We are having very changeable weather the last few days were like Summer, and now we are having snow and rain, but no doubt we will have some fine weather soon.  A few of the chaps out of our Battalion have got back to England to work on Munitions and our leaves have started again. 

I will write to Aunt Eliza to thank her for the 1/6d.  I was pleased to hear Billie has got on the Machine Gun Section, he will have a better time than with the Company. 

I don't think our John replied to my last letter but I lose count sometimes.  Well I have no more news at present.  Hoping all at home are well. 

Your loving son Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment