Tuesday 4 October 2016

Joe - Wednesday 4th October 1916

Dear Mother,

I have just found time to write.  I've not received my parcel, but we had no mail yesterday.  We are near the line again and we will be going into the trenches soon.  I've sent a few field cards off to you now and again.  I won't have any chance to getting any letters away for a while now, but I will send field cards.  Did Father never get my letter?  I will write to him again when I get time.  I was pleased Thompson had got exemption a bit longer.  It won't be long till Winter sets in.  I've heard nothing from Lowca yet, but don't suppose I'll hear from them.  I had two papers from Uncle Tom and a letter from Tom.  Well I have no more news so must close.  Hoping this finds you all well. 

With best love to all, Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment