Tuesday 11 October 2016

Joe - Wednesday 11th October 1916

Dear Mother,

I received all your letters, and I got the photograph also a P. Order from Sarah.  We are out of the trenches again and have been for a few days.  I have not received my parcel this week yet.  I usually get one on Mondays, but I think our mail is delayed these few days.  I had a parcel waiting for me when I came out of the trenches.  Syd will likely be in England for a bit, but as a rule they don't keep chaps long in England who have been out before.  I expect John will be home for a few days soon.  Father's holiday will likely be over.  I have plenty of socks and everything else.  We are having fairly decent weather, it seems to have taken up, it was just like Summer today.  Well I've no more news at present so must close.  Hoping this finds you all well 

With Best Love to All, Your affectionate son Joe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment