Saturday 29 October 2016

Syd - Undated

Cowlarnes Camp

Dear Mrs Thompson,

I have just heard the sad news about your loving Son Joe having been killed in action.  It was a great shock to me when I heard.  I wish I had still been with them all, so that I might have been able to tell you all about it. 

You may not know, but when I was out there, and we were in action, I always prayed that Joe would come safely through.  I would have given my life for Joe as he was a true Briton and I know he will have died fighting to the last.  I know it is hard to bear the great Sacrifice you have made in losing two of the best sons anyone could wish for, only you must try and keep up and not make yourself ill, as that would be the last thing they would wish for. 

I sincerely hope John will never have to go out any more.  You have my deepest sympathy in your Great Sacrifice. 

Your sincere friend, Sid Park

No comments:

Post a Comment