Thursday 22 September 2016

Joe - Friday 22nd September 1916

Dear Mother,

I received your parcel safely and thanks for same.  I have had letters from Jess, Janey and Sarah.  I am going to write to Mr Hartley, I had a very nice letter from him.  You might send me another tin of Harrison's pomade.  I have hardly any left now.  I was pleased to hear Thompson was exempt for a while.  Janey would hardly be fit to take up the work yet.  Syd will be landing on sick leave shortly, he is very lucky it isn't long since he was on leave.  I've written to Wilson Grahame, he seems to have had a trying time.  We are still out resting, and I hope we are out for a while yet.  Well I've no more news so must close.  Hoping this finds you all well. 

With best love to you all.  Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment