Thursday 4 February 2016

Billie - Friday 4th February 1916

Dear Mother,

Just a line to let you know we are still all right.  We are still out of the trenches but go into the front line tomorrow.  We are going up at 11 today to do a bit of digging.  Many thanks for the parcel which was in fine condition.  I think the pocket diary is a beauty and I mean to take great care of it.  The weather has turned jolly rotten - there is a gale blowing and rain with it. 

Janey should go to Barrow for a weekend it would do her, good.  Have you heard from Joe?  I suppose if they have been moved that will be the reason for not hearing.  Enclosed you will find a silk card "Home Sweet Home".  It took my eye; nearly all our chaps took one.  I suppose Father is as busy as ever.  Ask him to remember me to Mrs Mayne and the boys.  Well I've not much news.  Hoping all are well as it leaves me in the pink. 

Your loving son Billie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment