Wednesday 8 April 2015

Billie - 8th April 1915

Dear Jess,

Just a line to let you know we are going on all right.  We have received all the parcels all right up to the present and they have all come in jolly handy.  We are down at the bse again I think for ten days but of course we don't know for sure. 

The weather here has broken again.  While we were in the trenches it poured with rain the whole time and it has been very cold and showery ever since.  We are billeted in a barn at present instead of a schoolroom and it is not half a show.  We get admission up  ladder through a hole in the roof; part of it comes on top of you.  I think I gave you all the details of our time in the firing line. 

Oh before I forget you might ask Mother to send me two pairs of socks as soon as possible as some one pinched two pairs of mine while out drying.  You might also see if you can get me a small folding drinking cup, you can get them from any of the big firms.

We have to put our address in the body of the letter now in case it gets into other hands.  Remember me to all I must close now and get on parade.

Hoping all are well. 

Your loving brother

Billie

No comments:

Post a Comment