Friday 2 September 2016

Joe - Saturday 2nd September 1916

Dear Mother,

I received your parcel all right and thanks for same.  I will have to write to Mrs Mayne and all the others who have been putting cakes in.  We have been in the trenches again and I haven't much time for letter writing. 

I am very sorry there is still no news of Billie, but don't lose heart, we are hearing nearly every day of someone else turning up prisoner of war so there is still a good chance.  I think I have been receiving all your parcels, I have had three pairs of socks from you lately, I mentioned them in my other letters, but I fancy one or two of my letters have never reached you.  I got John's parcel all right so you can thank him.  I forget whether I wrote to him or not.  Well I've no more news at present, so must close.  Hoping this finds you all well. 

I remain your loving son, Joe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment