Wednesday 24 August 2016

Joe - Thursday 24th August 1916

Dear Mother,

I received your parcel thanks for same, also thank Mrs Mayne for the cake.  You need not send any more melons, I'm not struck on them. 

We were very near to the Division Billie was in.  I enquired about the 8th but I think they were in the trenches.  I cut Billie's photo out of the Sketch but I must have lost it, you might send me another if you have one.  I had a letter from Thompson, also a parcel from our John - you must thank him for it.  I don't care so very much for tinned fowl. 

Frank Wilkinson is very lucky.  You might tell him, I wrote to him to his Battery.  You want to live in hopes of Billie turning up.  We just heard today that one of our chaps - reported killed - has turned up as a prisoner of war.  Of course don't build up too much, but there's every chance.  Syd is all right.  Jack Brewster said he was talking to Janey.  Well I've no more news, hoping all are well. 

Love to all Joe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment