Tuesday 16 August 2016

Joe - Wednesday 16th August 1916

Dear Mother,

I received your parcel all right and also one from Ghyll Bank - it's jolly good of Mrs Nixon sending me parcels. 

I am expecting you are getting word any time now that Billie is a prisoner of war - if he is, he will be all right.  We are out for a rest and I think we will be out for a good while.  I had a letter from F. Wilkinson, he seems to be having a fairly decent time of it in France.  We are having grand weather - about the same as in England by all accounts.  John Bewster (DCM) came out in a draft to our Battalion and H. Ferguson as well.  I heard that A. Brocklebank and Bob Bannon are in France - they fairly rush troops out now.  Please thank Aunt Sallie for the ???  I will write to her when I get time.  Well I must close, keep on hoping for the best about Billie. 

Hoping this finds you all well at Home. 

I remain, your loving son Joe. 

Syd is A1.  Just received Janey's parcel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment