Saturday 6 August 2016

Joe - Sunday 6th August 1916

Dear Mother,

I received two parcels from home on 27th July and I had one from Jess the day before.  I had a letter from Janey written on 31st. 

If I come across any of the 8th Warwicks I won't forget to enquire after Billie.  There is every possible chance of Billie being a prisoner of war, but it takes a long while for news to come through, so don't look on the black side, keep on hoping for the best. 

You can send me another pair of socks now.  I am not in need of anything else at present.  John will be busy training likely.  I don't know whether I have had a letter from Mr Nelson lately, I fancy I had one a good while since but sometimes I have not much time to write.  I haven't heard anything more about any of the Lewthwaites.  Well I've no more news.  Hope this finds you well.  I've just had a letter from Sarah. 

With Best Love Joe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment